Course Fee: $200 for TMPA members / $225 for non-member
(*Instructor will provide further information after registration)
As a reminder, for this course, you will need the following ammunition (which you must provide):
- Semi-Auto: - a minimum of 1,000 rounds of ammunition chambered for the pistol you will be using for this course. This must be factory ammunition. Absolutely no reloads are allowed in this course. An inspection will be done of ammunition used in this class.
- Shotgun: - 25 rounds of 00 Buckshot. It is preferred you use the 9-shot, however if you have already purchased 8-shot, please ensure the instructor knows this prior to starting of class on day 1.
- 10 rounds of slug.
- 25 rounds of birdshot (THIS IS FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY, IF YOU WOULD RATHER BRING 00 BUCK, THAT IS FINE)
*Shotgun ammunition must also be factory rounds. Absolutely no reloads will be allowed to be used during this course.
- Revolver: - 50 rounds of .38 special ammunition (if you have a revolver, please bring it)
- Not prohibited by state or federal law or rule from attending training related to firearms or from possessing a firearm.
- Never had a license or certificate issues by the Commission suspended or revoked.
- Currently hold a TCOLE Instructor Certification or Proficiency issued by the Commission.
- Currently employed or designated by the agency chief administrator or academy coordinator as a firearms instructor.
- Have at least three years' experience as either a law enforcement officer or a firearms instructor.