As part of your TMPA membership, you receive a variety of money saving discounts, products and services. You’ll find benefits that will save you money and enhance your life — including discounts on travel and accommodations, car rentals, extensive auto purchasing, retail purchasing, entertainment and attractions, as well as an array of additional membership benefits. We’ve partnered with several retail and service providers to offer our members special discounts to enhance the value and experience of membership in our association. We continually seek to increase the number of affiliates in our benefits, and we welcome your ideas.
Cowboy Hats & Western Gear
Resistol western hat and apparel company has kindly offered to give TMPA members and staff a 30% discount in their online store. To obtain the discount, purchasers will be asked to enter a “discount code” when checking out. Members, please click here to login and see the discount code. This code changes routinely, so please make sure you have the latest code! A big THANK YOU to Resistol for making this happen!
McLane Advisors have been assisting
officers with their financial needs since 1954 and have been TMPA’s Financial Services Division since 1995. Services provided include:
- Retirement Specialists: TMPA members eligible to retire or within two years of eligibility may obtain a complimentary retirement “Benefit Analysis.”
- Survivor Benefit assistance to spouses and families of deceased officers.
- Assistance with 457 (deferred compensation) and 401k plans (rollovers and allocations).
- Financial planning and investments.
- Assistance with Partial Lump Sum Pension plans, including the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS).
- Help maximizing retirement benefits with TCDRS, TRS and ERS.
- Pension “Buy Back” information.
To learn more, go to www.mclaneadvisors.com or call 1-800-204-6020.
FinancialCop is a full-service financial planning and financial wellness firm. Owned and operated by police officers focusing on assisting first responders with the following services:
- Comprehensive financial planning/retirement planning – from recruit to retiree
- Investment management process certified by the Center for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX)
- Fiduciary only advisors ensuring your best interest is always first, as required by law.
- Comprehensive protection strategies utilizing Life Insurance, Medicaid, Disability, Long-Term Care, and Identity Theft defense
- Specialized in all aspects of understanding and maximizing pension benefits within TMRS, ERS, TRS, TCDRS, and other pensions
- Financial Crisis coaching for first responders through multiple national non-profit PTSD/Crisis groups
Investment advice offered through IFP Advisors, LLC, d/b/a Independent Financial Partners (IFP), a Registered Investment Adviser. IFP and FinancialCop are not affiliated.
To learn more, visit www.financialcop.com or call 859-534-2682.
Additional Disability Coverage
TMPA members can purchase additional disability benefits through the Texas Police Trust to cover lost income from injuries or illness. View their flyer to learn more. Be sure to mention that you are a TMPA member.
Discount Rental Cars
TMPA members receive a 10% discount on rental cars from Enterprise with the code 65TMPA.
Special Discounts for Law Enforcement
A guide for retail savings for TMPA members
For more information regarding these, or other TMPA related programs or services, please contact us.