The Largest Law Enforcement Association in Texas
The Texas Municipal Police Association (TMPA) is the Voice of Texas Law Enforcement. TMPA was founded in 1950 and has protected the interests of law enforcement officers ever since. As the largest law enforcement association in Texas, TMPA is proud to represent more than 30,000 local, county and state law enforcement officers across Texas.
Focused on protecting those who serve, TMPA is committed to providing Texas law enforcement officers with:
- The best and most comprehensive law enforcement legal protection plan in the state
- Member support you can rely on
- Political lobbying at state and local levels
- Affordable TCOLE-approved training including free training programs that are funded through various sources such as the Texas Department of Transportation, and The Criminal Justice Division of the Office of the Governor
- Effective contract bargaining
- A wide variety of additional benefits including but not limited to emergency response, officer assistance, line-of-duty benefits, charities, and scholarships
TMPA Membership Options
- Anyone working full-time in Texas law enforcement* or related public safety organizations can be a TMPA Member for $28 per month.
- Anyone working less than full-time in Texas law enforcement or related public safety organizations can be a Reserve TMPA Member for $18 per month.
- Anyone honorably retired from Texas law enforcement can be a Retired TMPA Member for $3 per month.
*Note that only full-time Texas peace officers can serve on the TMPA Board of Directors.
For more information regarding these, or other TMPA related programs or services, please visit the Member Services page.