Critical Incidents Report for July 2021
In July, TMPA opened 11 case files for critical incidents Critical incidents are cases in which an officer’s actions, conduct, or omissions resulted in the death or serious bodily injury of a person; or could have resulted in such harm as a result of the officer intentionally discharging his or her firearm. These critical incidents involved members from various agencies throughout the state including: Boerne Police Department, Burnet County Sheriff’s Office, Celina Police Department, Chamber County Sheriff’s Office, Comal County Sheriff’s Office, Denton County Sheriff’s Office, Grand Prairie Police Department, Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office, Lubbock Police Department, Newton Police Department, Watauga Police Department, and included the following:
1. Member was involved in an in-custody death.
2. Member was involved in a shooting where suspect was shot in the arm.
3. Member was involved in a pursuit that resulted in the suspect vehicle crashing into a third vehicle and killing the driver.
4. Member was involved in a shooting with an armed suspect who shot several officers, killing one.
5. Member was involved in a shooting during a SRT operation. No one was injured.
6. Six other critical incidents involving an on-duty shooting.