Critical Incidents Report for March 2020
In March, TMPA opened 14 case files for critical incidents Critical incidents are cases in which an officer’s actions, conduct, or omissions resulted in the death or serious bodily injury of a person; or could have resulted in such harm as a result of the officer intentionally discharging his or her firearm. These critical incidents involved members from various agencies throughout the state including: Abilene Police Department, Bayou Vista Police Department, Gaines Co. Sheriff’s Department, Garland Police Department, Hughes Springs Police Department, Humble Police Department, Hutto Police Department, League City Police Department, Mesquite Police Department, Polk Co. Sheriff’s Department, Sherman Police Department, South Houston Police Department, Texarkana Police Department, Victoria Co. Sheriff’s Department, and included the following:
1. Member was involved in a shooting with an armed bank robbery suspect. No officers were killed but suspect is deceased.
2. Members were involved in a pursuit that ended with a fatality.
3. Member was involved in a shooting after being wounded.
4. Member was on patrol in a marked unit at night. Member struck a pedestrian walking on the wrong side of the road. The pedestrian was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive.
5. Members were involved in a shooting where a suspect was shot and pursuit ensued involving three other suspects.
6. Members were involved in a situation that ended with members firing service weapons at a suspect.