We would like to share some of the recent legal successes TMPA has had for our members. In this report, we will give the names of the attorneys who represented our members but omit the names of the members involved.
Paul G. Aman – Paul G. Aman, Attorney at Law, P.C.
• Member was placed under IA for body worn camera violations and being late to a call. Upon review, the complaint was unfounded, and the case was closed.
• Member was placed under IA for not promptly reporting another officer’s fleet accident involving a pedestrian. Upon review, member was no billed criminally and administratively, and received a verbal warning for not activating body camera timely.
• Members were involved in an on-duty shooting while serving a warrant. Upon review, members were cleared administratively and were no billed by the grand jury.
Amanda Bolin – Bolin Law Firm, PLLC
• Member received a dishonorable discharge on F5. After appeal, the administrative law judge ordered the F5 be amended to reflect an honorable discharge.
Greg Cagle – Gregory Cagle, Attorney at Law, P.C.
• Member was placed under IA and indefinitely suspended for excessive use of force and profane language. After appeal, member was reinstated with full back pay and restoration of benefits but did receive a written reprimand for the use of profane language.
• Member was placed under IA for use of force. Upon review, member was no billed and the case was closed.
Chad Hyde – Gregory A. Richards, P.C.
• Member received a general discharge on F5. After appeal, F5 was amended to reflect an honorable discharge.
Randall Moore – Law Offices of Randall D. Moore, PLLC
• Member was placed under IA for assault. Upon review, the complaint on member was unfounded and the case was closed.
• Members were placed under IA and were written up for use of force and racial profiling. Upon review, the complaint was cleared, and members were exonerated.
• Member was placed under IA and received a 16-hour suspension for insubordination. After appeal, the suspension was reduced to a written reprimand.
• Member was placed under IA with possible promotional pass over or termination for incomplete investigation. Upon review, and after filing a grievance, member received the promotion but also got oral counseling.