As part of your TMPA membership, you receive a variety of money saving discounts, products and services. You’ll find benefits that will save you money and enhance your life — including discounts on travel and accommodations, car rentals, extensive auto purchasing, retail purchasing, entertainment and attractions, as well as an array of additional membership benefits. We’ve partnered with several retail and service providers to offer our members special discounts to enhance the value and experience of membership in our association. We continually seek to increase the number of affiliates in our benefits, and we welcome your ideas.
McLane Advisors have been assisting
officers with their financial needs since 1954 and have been TMPA’s Financial Services Division since 1995. Services provided include:
- Retirement Specialists: TMPA members eligible to retire or within two years of eligibility may obtain a complimentary retirement “Benefit Analysis.”
- Survivor Benefit assistance to spouses and families of deceased officers.
- Assistance with 457 (deferred compensation) and 401k plans (rollovers and allocations).
- Financial planning and investments.
- Assistance with Partial Lump Sum Pension plans, including the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS).
- Help maximizing retirement benefits with TCDRS, TRS and ERS.
- Pension “Buy Back” information.
To learn more, go to www.mclaneadvisors.com or call 1-800-204-6020.
Additional Disability Coverage
TMPA members can purchase additional disability benefits through the Texas Police Trust to cover lost income from injuries or illness. View their flyer to learn more. Be sure to mention that you are a TMPA member.
National Police Credit Union is the first and only national full-service financial institution solely serving Law Enforcement Officers and their families throughout the country. Their Board of Directors is comprised entirely of working and retired Police Officers, who help guide their mission in providing sound financial products, services and educational programs uniquely designed to fit the lifestyle needs of members today and through retirement. Visit National Police Credit Union for more information.
Discount Hotel Rooms
TMPA members can stay at the Crowne Plaza in Austin, Texas for $109.00 per night plus tax. The hotel features many amenities, including a free hot breakfast and parking. Call 512-371-5282 to make reservations: be sure to mention Texas Municipal Police Association to receive the preferred rate. To book online, please use this link.
Discount Rental Cars
TMPA members receive a 10% discount on rental cars from Enterprise with the code 65TMPA.
For more information regarding these, or other TMPA related programs or services, please contact us.